Working as a self-employed sex worker

You are a self-employed sex worker (prostitute) when you do not work for the owner of a sex business.

Registration & permits | Management | Social security

When you are self-employed in prostitution you must:

  • Apply for licenses, where relevant
  • Register with the Chamber of Commerce
  • Keep and save your accounts
  • Make the arrangements for all your tax matters

When you are a self-employed person you have a great deal of freedom but also have many responsibilities.

More information
More information about working as a self-employed person is available from the Tax and Custom Administration or call 0800 – 0543.
A lot of information is available from the Chamber of Commerce's website.
Do you prefer receiving information during a personal meeting? If so, the website also lists the address of the Chamber of Commerce nearest to you.