Working with syphilis
Syphilis is caused by bacteria and has various stages.
Syphilis can be treated effectively in all stages. You will be given an antibiotic injection.
• Early-stage syphilis – single injection in both buttocks with high-dose penicillin
• Late-stage syphilis – two injections of penicillin spread over three days (days 1, 8 and 15).
The advice is not to have any sexual contact for ten days after the start of treatment. The best advice is to not to have sex until after your first check-up, but given the work you do, this could be difficult.
Not having sex means:
• No vaginal sex, with or without a condom
• Don’t allow cunnilingus to be performed on you
• Don’t allow yourself to be fingered
• Don’t allow genital contact
Syphilis is highly contagious. If possible, warn your clients from the past three to six months. Also warn any partner you may have.
What can you do?
• Masturbation only
• Blow job with a condom