Working with herpes
Herpes is caused by a virus.
Many people carry the virus with them without any complaints.
When you do get complaints, painful, fluid-filled blisters appear across the genital area. A herpes blister on your lip is a cold sore. There is no treatment for the virus itself. The symptoms are treated with a course of drugs.
Advice for working:
• Don’t have sex while you have blisters; no oral, vaginal or anal sex
• Don’t allow yourself to be fingered
• Don’t kiss anybody if you have a cold sore
• Arrange for yourself to be treated with a course of drugs
• Don’t use any creams or salves
• Masturbating your client is possible, but don’t finger yourself or touch your vagina first.