Sex, STIs and culture
What topics are relevant among which ethnic groups?
In certain cultures, religion plays an important role in how people think about and experience sexuality. For example, sex is usually only permitted within a marriage between a man and a woman. The various roles of the man and woman, also referred to as gender, are much more clearly defined in specific ethnic groups than others.
- Sex, STIS and specific cultural practices
- Sex, STIs and honour-based violence
- Sex, STIs and Islam
- Sex, STIs and other religions
- Sex, STIs and gender
- Myths and stigma around HIV and sex
- Female circumcision
- Male circumcision
- Healthcare in The Netherlands