Safer sex actually begins by talking about it. Both with casual sex partners and a regular partner. Avoid going beyond your own limits. And learn to discuss your own desires.
Talking about condoms
There are many conceivable reasons for unprotected sex:
- You do not dare to raise the subject of condoms
- You do not want to kill ‘the moment’
- You want to wait for your partner to raise the subject of condoms
- You think that you and your sexual partner do not have an STI
The problem: You run the risk of an STI or unwanted pregnancy.
Tips on how to talk about safer sex:
- Do not wait until the last moment. Think beforehand about how and when you are going to raise the subject of condoms
- Be honest. You do not want to get an STI. Even though you trust the other person
- Be clear. Say that you only do it with a condom
- Don’t talk, do. Grab a condom and put it on yourself or your partner.
- Here’s how to stop using condoms in a permanent relationship