Starting and stopping

Information about starting work in prostitution and about quitting

Obligations as a prostitute:

• You must have a valid residence status
• You need a registered address
• You must have a Citizen Service Number (burgerservicenummer or BSN)
• You need your own bank account number.

  • Depending on where you work, you must register with the Chamber of Commerce and the Tax Office.
  • You need to pay tax on your earnings wherever you work.
  • You need to request a permit for all forms of prostitution from the municipality where you work.

You can find information about your rights and responsibilities in the section Well-organised.

Click left for information about sexual health information and stopping with prostitution. For mobile use, click the drop-down menu above.