Starting and stopping
Information about starting work in prostitution and about quitting
Obligations as a prostitute:
• You must have a valid residence status
• You need a registered address
• You must have a Citizen Service Number (burgerservicenummer or BSN)
• You need your own bank account number.
- Depending on where you work, you must register with the Chamber of Commerce and the Tax Office.
- You need to pay tax on your earnings wherever you work.
- You need to request a permit for all forms of prostitution from the municipality where you work.
You can find information about your rights and responsibilities in the section Well-organised.
Click left for information about sexual health information and stopping with prostitution. For mobile use, click the drop-down menu above.